Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

Reading for Inspiration!

Sometimes all it takes is a good book to get you to look at things from a new perspective. The principal that I am doing my student teaching under suggested that I read this book and I am glad he did. This book was very uplifting, as well as, eye opening. It made me think of situations from a child's point of view and made me realize that there is a whole lot going on with some children and not every child can be just worried about school. Sad. Also, as a future teacher, I read a lot about opportunities that I can take in the classroom setting that will help those children strive for excellence and persevere through those tough times and come out on top, like a champ. I would recommend this book to any educator out there and also, I think this is a book that needs to be read every 2-3 years to just put things back into perspective for you, perhaps when things get tough and you start to get discouraged.
Poverty does not effect all students, but it does effect some students. The students that it effects need you. They need that rock in their life that is going to love them and push them to their limits and help them to realize that they can love themselves and push through the obstacles they face.

This is an easy read and I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment