Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2015

Get to Know Your Kiddos!!

Oh my goodness! Where do I begin? This week has been so many things! It has been amazing. It has been exhausting. It has been rewarding. And those are just a few ways to describe how this week has been. 

My very first group of kiddos made it through their first full week of school and I didn't get tied up and tickled! (I had a dream that happened to me on my first day of school!) 

I was told that the first 5 days of school will make or break a teacher for the rest of the year. That statement got me to thinking... How do I want my students to see me and see each other. This entire week we practiced complimenting our shoulder partner before we got the day started. Who doesn't like a good compliment? It was so refreshing and it broke the ice for some of the students that may not have normally talked to one another. 

Also, I have been following a teacher here in my own county that my college professor let us take the opportunity to go watch teach. I read a lot of her postings and she stresses the importance of getting to know your students. How well do you know your students? I wanted to get the year started off right... That being said, I gave them a Reading Interest Survey created by this wonderful teacher. If you would like to download this item for FREE click here or the picture below!!


I would really like to know how you get to know your kids! Those relationships mean more than we will ever know!!


0 comments:

Post a Comment