Pages

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Why Not?

Hello! Hi! Wow. Time sure does fly by... I have been a teacher for almost an entire month! Can you believe it? I sure cannot! I have been racking my brain with how to use less worksheets but still have student accountability at the same time... What better way than to use their desks... LITERALLY!! I let them brainstorm words with the short vowel sounds and sort them into categories all on their desk with an Expo Marker. I then took their picture to later assess their participation and understanding of the lesson that was taught. I was skeptical at first, but it went wonderfully and the kids LOVED it! They couldn't believe I was letting them do such a thing. What are some alternatives to worksheets that you like to use? 




0 comments:

Post a Comment